Scola is an Advocate of the High Court of Kenya, a Notary Public, Commissioner for Oaths and a Patent Agent. She is the founder and managing partner of the firm. She is a member of the Law Society of Kenya, the East Africa Law Society and the Institute of Certified Secretaries.
Scola previously worked for the firm of B M Musau & Co., Advocates, a corporate commercial firm, from 2009 to December 2012 where she gained vast experience in corporate commercial law practice, conveyancing, property law and securities.
Areas of Practice
Scola has a wealth of expertise in the private practice sector since 2009 encompassing the following;
- Consultancies for national and foreign corporations setting up office in Kenya. These consultancies have entailed rendering advice on suitable structures of business, modalities of setting up office in Kenya including the leasing office space, recruitment of employees, sector-specific licensing, immigration matters for foreign nationals working in Kenya as well as sector specific legal and regulatory compliances.
- Advisory on employment and labour related matters entailing the preparation of contracts for employees, advising on disciplinary requirements and processes, termination/dismissal procedures and ant disputes pre/post separation.
- Drafting and review of existing Human Resource and Related polices as well as contractual templates used by the said organizations to ensure conformity and compliance with the laws of Kenya.
- Advisory on protection of intellectual property rights through registration and dispute resolution.
- Advisory on family and succession matters including creation of trusts, writing of wills and undertaking succession proceedings.
- Varied conveyancing transactions.
- Drafting and review of commercial agreements.
- Registration and restructuring of various entities such as companies, partnerships, NGOs.
- Debt recovery.
- Litigation in a wide range of disputes including intellectual property, land disputes, arbitration proceedings, human rights/ public interest litigation
February 2013-todate Managing Partner, Munyao-Kayugira & Co., Advocates
October 2009 to 3rd December 2012: B M Musau & Co., Advocates, Nairobi. In this firm, she joined as a Legal Assistant straight from the university and rose through the ranks to serve as a salaried Partnership starting in January 2012.
- Master of Laws (LL.M) (Strathmore University) (June, 2019)
- Certificate in Commercial Litigation (NITA, 2015)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Law (Kenya School of Law) (2011)
- Bachelor of Laws (LL.B) (University of Nairobi) (2009)
- Certified Public Secretary, CPS (K) (2014).